Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Lovely People of God

My partner and I just got back from a little field trip, an interview with a search committee of congregation in a conference not my own, shall I say. My partner embedded herself in a nearby restaurant, and I went to meet the search committee.

Oh, it is such a privilege to see the open faces of the people of God. It's one of the things I love best about being a minister. Really, when we're at our best, we're kind, softly present, waiting and hoping for Spirit to move in us.

This is what it was like tonight with the search committee. Such an absolute honor.

After the interview, I gathered up my girl of girls and we came home. She's sleeping now. I'm writing this blog as a prayer of gratitude.

Night! Thanks, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment